I love houses! Especially old houses!!
Here… let me share one of my favourite houses in the Queens Park neighbourhood, a lovely heritage area here in New Westminster (just out of Vancouver, BC)
That front porch… it wraps all the way around. A classic Craftsman and I Love it!!
If I were to compare myself to a house though, I’d currently look like this:
As much as I’d like to think that I’m aging as wonderfully as that old Craftsman house that I love… it just ain’t happening.
Truth of the matter is I’m afraid I’m not well.
And over the last month I’ve been at the mercy of the local version of the TV character House; poking, prodding, testing. Information gathered, only to learn that more is needed. It’s been fun. Not.
Those of you who are regular readers of DesignTies – and of my posts in particular – know that I’m good at putting houses back together again. In fact, with the help of my husband Brian I’m pretty damned good at it!!
Proof:
The house that is ME… it’ll be okay, I promise. It has me, Brian, my family and my friends looking after it!
What I need to do though – and the reason I’m writing this post – is to take a break from blogging. Over the next while I’ll be posting once a week, maybe less. My wonderful and supportive blog partner Kelly and I have been discussing what things will look like long term, but we’ll share that fun stuff for another post!
Even though I’m not completely out of the blogsphere I’d like to take this opportunity to THANK each of you for the phenomenal support you’ve shown me over my last 1.5 blogging years – you’ve read my posts, you’ve “hurrayed” my projects and you’ve been my friends!!
I am blessed!
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét