What FUN I had last Friday night!!
No… I didn’t go out for a lovely, romantic dinner with my fella… and no… we didn’t go to a boisterous Slowpoke concert where I could be-bop to the beat of my brother Brad’s drums…
My version of Friday night fun is… painting some canvases for my client’s home!
Don’t misunderstand… I’m definitely NOT an artist like Michelle Morelan of A Schematic Life (LUV!) or Matt LeBlanc (Kelly introduced him to our DesignTies readers here… more LUV!). But I was commissioned by my client to stage her home for sale, I was bound by a tight budget and I was challenged with the task of making my client’s un-used and drab 2nd bedroom into a fun, playful nursery.
So I painted some “art”!
Earlier on Friday I’d done a little on-line research, looking for children’s art – something doable by an amateur like me. Seeking inspiration, I found this…
Aren’t they cute?!
And sooooo something I could paint!
To be clear – these particular pieces are wood cuts, but the image comes from a site that seems to have some kind of scanning virus (or so my computer warns) so I won’t give you a link.
The first thing I did was pull up the image in Photoshop so that I could “cut out” each of the 3 images, drop them in separate documents and print them out… that way I had something I could more easily reference while I painted. What a great task to do while I was at my day job! Bad me!!
Next, I went to DeSerres during my lunch hour to pick up my canvases and paint… the three colours I bought were taken from a pillow I’d purchased for the crib: blue, red and green (pretend this image has green paint!).
And then I waited eagerly and anxiously through the rest of my work day (and it was a long one – I had a meeting that lasted until 6:30pm!) until I could go home and start painting. It took forever!!
I eventually got home… and I got started right away!
First, I painted the canvases in my kitchen wall colour: Benjamin Moore’s Powell Bluff. Next, I lightly pencilled some guidelines… then I started painting!
Sweet, naive and totally fun!!
My client and her 2 year old son LOVE them!! For about $25 dollars (cost of both paint and canvases) I’ve not only dressed up her 2nd bedroom’s bland walls showing the room wonderfully for potential buyers, but I’ve given her son something special to hang in his new bedroom when they move!
Be sure to drop by next Monday when I’ll post all the before and after photos from this staging project… it was a phenomenal transformation that you’ll want to see! Click Here
With only a few minutes to impress potential buyers, home-staging is the best marketing tool when selling a home. Achieve top dollar… have Edin Interiors style your home or listing so that it stands out from the competition!! Edin Interiors services the Greater Vancouver real estate market.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét