Oh, the irony — following up a post about colour with a post about black & white!!
I never thought I would ever have any reason to write a post about a Hilton sister on DesignTies… but never say never, right?! I was searching the Net for some Hollywood glam rooms, and came across pictures of Nicky Hilton’s home. Believe it or not, it’s actually not that bad!! A bit over-the-top, but in a not-so-bad way. Let’s start with her dining room:
Très chic, don’t you think?? I’m totally diggin’ the mirrored table – although it might be a bit weird seeing yourself looking down at your plate. But handy if you want to check to see if you have spinach in your teeth ;-) Loving those black steel-framed doors.
How about the living room??
To be honest, there really isn’t much I don’t like about it — just the TV over the fireplace isn’t working for me. And I’d replace those orange boxes with purple ones :-) I really like the tufted sofa, the throw cushions, the curtains, the chrome bar… and of course, the big white ceramic dogs on either side of the fireplace :-) And my current design crush is black steel-framed windows, just like these ones. FAB!!
Now off to a room that probably sees a lot of action (but we’re not that kind of blog!!!)
First of all, I love the look of chandeliers hanging over bedroom night tables, so these pendants had me at hello :-) I would have hung them lower, though. And maybe gone with something crystal. Heck, she’s a Hilton, she can afford a couple of Schonbeks. How about the Da Vinci:
It’s a radiant entity composed of hundreds or thousands of Swarovski® crystal jewels, depending on the size of the chandelier. Go big or go home — get a pair with thousands of crystals!! Not only can it double as a disco ball for crazy Hollywood parties, but it’s also the world’s first dishwasher-safe crystal chandelier. Seriously. Don’t believe me?? Go here.
But back to the bedroom — when I was a kid, I LOVED my black patent leather shoes. Who knew there was such a thing as a black patent leather bed!! A bit on the kinky side, but hey, why play it safe?? The curtains could be better, I think… what about one of these black & white Candice Olson fabrics from Kravet:
Or Xanadu from Schumacher:
This Chanel tray was an antique store find… in the Hamptons. So probably not your average antique store!! Legs were added to the tray to turn it into a side table. If you like the look, I bet you could replicate it pretty easily.
So there you go, a glimpse into Nicky Hilton’s home. Do you like her black & white colour scheme?? Would you keep it strictly black & white, or would you add colourful accents?? And most importantly… do you want a black patent leather bed?!
Pictures of Nicky Hilton’s home from SoHaute Decor & More
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét