Thứ Ba, 20 tháng 10, 2009

Of course… a Candice Olson WOW kitchen!

A quick BOO at the on-line Globe and Mail (Canadian newspaper) “Life” section this morning and what do I find? An absolutely stunning kitchen transformation orchestrated by Candice Olson!

Candice Olson, Divine Design, Clemmer Kitchen, After. Credit Brandon Barre

WOW!!

This is the kitchen of Stylist David Clemmer – the host of a Canadian (not sure if it shows in the US) show called Style by Jury and, as I’ve come to realize, owner of an agency that represents costume designers, make-up artists and other talent.

So in other words, a guy that knows design and style. I mean… take a look at what he did with his living room. I’m LOVING the use of natural materials, textures & colours with the grey!

davidclemmer1

At any rate, in the article I found in the “Life” section of the Globe and Mail Candice tells readers that David had worked his magic in all of his rooms but was stymied by his dysfunctional 80s kitchen… so he called Candice and her team in to stroke the space with HER brand of magic! And I think it’s stunning!!

Here… take a look at David’s kitchen before:

Candice Olson, Divine Design, Clemmer Kitchen, Before.

And again… the after:

Candice Olson, Divine Design, Clemmer Kitchen, After. Credit Brandon Barre

The first thing I noticed was the openness of the space… well, okay… not exactly the FIRST thing! The first thing I noticed was that decadent wallpaper!! Oh… and the fantastic dark wood island grounded around soft, creamy kitchen cabinetry. And how about those two beautiful chandeliers?! Can you see how the beautiful mosaic tiles over the range mimic the colours and style-essence found in the wallpaper? How about those long floor tiles laid in an off-set pattern. I love tiles! Oops! Sidetracked!! I wanted to point out the openness achieved by removing the bathroom that sat in the upper left corner of the room, but the loveliness of the room took control!! :-)

Finally… the last thing I want you to notice? The two sweet little beds under the desk for David’s pooches!!

When it comes to kitchens – heck, any space(!) – Candice Olson can do no wrong as far as I’m concerned. What do you think?

sigv

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét