Thứ Ba, 8 tháng 9, 2009

Rewind Wednesday gets Beany

rewind button In honour of starting my Colour in Decor class tonight and my trip to the East Coast this coming weekend, today’s Rewind Wednesday is a return trip to Jelly Bean Row. In case you missed it the first time, Jelly Bean Row is an area in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador where the houses are painted bright & beautiful colours – just like jelly beans :-) Let’s go take another look around…

divider

JB row title

[jelly beans[4].jpg]

My hubby and I are addicted to Gourmet Sour Jelly Beans from WalMart. We could polish off a bag of them in one sitting — actually, I think we have!! Seriously, these are the best jelly beans EVER!! Hubby says they remind him of Rockets. Mmmm, Rockets!!

rockets

I have a little sour jelly bean ritual that I follow: I take a handful of sour jelly beans. I eat the orange & purple ones first, then the red & yellow ones, and then the blue & green ones. And I have to eat them two at a time. Preferably not two of the same colour. I think I have a mild case of jelly bean OCD!! ;-)

These particular Gourmet Sour Jelly Beans are made in Mississauga, Ontario and seem to only be sold at WalMart in Canada. We’ve never seen them at WalMart in the US. Imagine that, exclusive Canadian jelly beans!! Gourmet ones, even!! (Well guess what—no more Gourmet Sour Jelly Beans at WalMart. Booooo!!! The company that made them doesn’t make them anymore. They just make Jelly Belly knock-offs that are gross. I mean, what flavour is algae green supposed to be?? Ick!!!)

And that’s my clever (or not-so-clever!!) segue to another exclusive Canadian jelly bean…

Jelly Bean Rowmap small

Jelly Bean Row is in downtown St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador. It’s an area with wonderfully colourful houses — colourful like a bag of jelly beans :-) Many of the homes in Jelly Bean Row are Victorian heritage homes.

Let’s go for a little tour of Jelly Bean Row… as you can see, the architecture on this street isn’t fancy. Really, this is just a line of row houses. But don’t the bright colours give them great character?? :-)

colourful houses redbubble 2

Same houses from the other end of the street… the red car fits into the neighbourhood nicely :-)

colourful houses pbase com

Hard work walking up these hills!!

jellybean houses redbubble

There’s a green house next to a yellow house…

green house hihostels.ca

And a green house between a yellow house and a blue house…

reise-st-john-s hicker de

A bright red house beside a bright orange house…

bright flickr

And a bright blue house with orange trim… (photo by Geoff Meeker)

blue orange house

There’s the blue & orange house again, along with its colourful neighbours…

There’s a bright blue house with white trim and pretty window detailing…

blue house 2 dpchallenge

Check out the cool Jelly Bean Row mailbox on this blue house :-) (Photo by Geoff Meeker)

blue house

One more street to walk down before the sun sets…

jellybean goodyear 1

And that’s the end of our tour of Jelly Bean Row. Hope these colourful homes in St. John’s brighten up your day :-)

dividerAs I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I’m heading to the East Coast on Friday. Not to St. John’s, but to Halifax and Lunenburg in Nova Scotia. It’s our 7th anniversary on September 14th, so hubby and I decided to celebrate with a weekend trip :-) I’ll be bringing my new camera, so hopefully I’ll have some good pictures to share with you next week :-)

sig new

For more information on Jelly Bean Row and to see more photos by Geoff Meeker, check out:

JELLY BEAN ROW

To learn more about St. John’s, check out the city’s web site:

CITY OF ST. JOHN’S, NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR

To see more of Kim Goodyear’s beautiful photography, check out her blog:

KIM GOODYEAR — NEWFOUNDLAND PHOTOGRAPHER

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét