I’m re-invigorating this post for the “Trash to Treasure” blog party over at Kimm’s place, Reinvented! Be sure that you make your way over there so that you can see all the other treasures being showcased today… AND so that you can enter into Kimm’s giveaway for a $25 Home Depot gift card!! YOU know you want it!!
I woke up to a beautiful, warm sunshiny morning and I wondered what I’d do to fill my day. Lots of great things came to mind… shopping for a new pair of sandals, walking on the sea wall around Stanley Park, going for lunch with a friend… or maybe all of these things!
Then, just as I was formulating a plan for my day, Brian started making banging and sawing noises…
How can I go out – guilt free – and enjoy my day while poor Brian is slaving away, installing a new window?!
Besides… truth be told, I have quite a list of projects that I want to accomplish this summer. And you know? I LIKED the idea of working on one of my projects!! Then I remembered that I didn’t have a transformation to showcase on Susan’s Metamorphosis Monday blogparty!! Oh no!! That sealed the deal… I gathered my gear and got to work!!
So what’s my project?
These simple, mid-century modern stacking tables were handed down to me from my Grandma. I’ve been carrying them around with me for years… and for years I’ve wondered why. They’re in horrible condition!
The thing is, even though I’ve wondered what to do with them and even though they’re showing years of neglect and wear… I love them. I love the simple line, I love the memories I have of playing with them as a child (stacking and unstacking them… for some reason they intrigued me!), and I love that they were my grandma’s.
So I decided to paint them.
I’ve been taken with painted furniture for some time. In fact, I have several pieces that I intend to paint… but those are stories for future posts! Here… take a look at some inspiration photos.
Lovely, aren’t they??!!
Okay, enough playing around! I really AM avoiding work, hey?!
First thing I did was sand each of the tables…
I rubbed and scrubbed, but I just wasn’t happy with the results. That’s when Brian – who was finished installing the window (he still has to trim it… he’ll do that tomorrow) – suggested we head to Canadian Tire and buy a hand-held sander. Excellent!! So… off to the store we go…
And we bought a cute little “Mouse”:
Let me tell you… I LOVE my Mouse! It worked like a hot-damn!!!
Now I was ready to paint!! What colour you ask?
A deep, beautiful barn-red called “Sundried Tomato” by Benjamin Moore.
I know… crazy! But we love it!!
They’re so lovely all dressed in Sundried Tomato red!!
The tables aren’t quite dry… but because I was anxious to share with DesignTies readers, I carefully stacked them (actually… they slide into one another) so that the paint wouldn’t scratch and I gently placed a vase of flowers on top. What do you think?!
So where will these lovely tables eventually live? My plan is to put them down in our family room… when it’s finally built!! I’m envisioning a room of brown & tan with red accents, and these tables will be a prefect addition!
I hope you like my the metamorphosis of my stacking tables… from worn to RED!
Now make your way back to Between Naps on the Porch and check out the transformations showcased by Susan’s many terrific Metamorphosis Monday blogparty guests!!
Victoria from Edin Interiors
P.S.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét