Chủ Nhật, 9 tháng 8, 2009

All about half

meta monday I’ve been so out of the blog loop lately. And I haven’t had time to work on any decorating projects for ages. But seeing as I’ve pretty much left Victoria on her own to keep DesignTies rolling along, I figured  I better post something now that I’m back home with my trusty high speed internet connection!!

So, here I am with a post for the weekly Metamorphosis Monday blog party hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. Only… ummmmm… well, I don’t actually have a metamorphosis to show you. What I really need is Metamorphosis-half-done Monday. Because I have about 103 projects on the go but they’re all only about half done. Well, OK, one is maybe two-thirds done – I MIGHT have a proper Met Monday post for you next week. But more realistically, it’ll be the week after that. Or maybe the week after the week after that… the best I can do this week is tell you about three projects I’ve been working on today.

(1) I bought four of these chairs from Kijiji in the spring. Or maybe it was the winter and I just don’t want to admit how long they’ve been sitting here!! ;-)

chair 1

My plan is to sand them, stain or paint them, and replace the rattan seats with upholstered ones. I just finished sanding the third chair today, and I have the seat fabric picked out. I can’t show you what it looks like, though, because that’ll spoil the big reveal!!

(2) I originally painted my home office last August & September, including a letter mural on two of the walls.

office 1

Hubby FINALLY finished installing a proper ceiling and halogen lighting a couple of weeks ago. Which also involved boxing in an I-beam and a pipe and installing crown moulding. Which messed up some of the walls. Argh!! So, I had to repaint. Serious pain in the butt, but what can you do?? Oh, but not the mural walls – those ones are fine. So now the walls are good to go, but the crown and ceiling still need some touching up. Once that’s done, hubby is going to build me a desk, and then I can finally put my office together. Yeah!!

(3) Our new next door neighbours painted their house the same colours are ours, right down to the front door. That just won’t do!! So I’m repainting our door. This shot is from a couple of years ago when the door was brown…

front door

I washed the door and hosed down the front porch this afternoon. Once I tape things off, I’ll start painting. The colour I picked is… a surprise!!

And that’s it – three of my half-done metamorphoses. Kind of a rip-off, I know. I mean, Met Monday is supposed to be about amazing & cool transformations, not “I hope I’ll finish one of these projects eventually” half-done transformations.

Hmmmm… I have to show you something cool… OK, got it!! How’s this – in keeping with my half-done theme, how can you transform 1,500 half dollar coins into something funky & functional??

franklin_half_dollar_S

Why, you turn them into a chair, of course!!

coin chair johnny swingIt’s the Half Dollar/Butterfly Chair by Johnny Swing. It’s made with 1,500 silver half dollars and has 7,000 welds. That’s a lot of coins and a whole lot of welds!!

coins

And you’ll need a whole lot of half dollars to buy one of these babies – 58,000 of them, as a matter of fact. The Half Dollar chair costs a whopping $29,000. Eeeek!!

I hope you aren’t feeling totally gypped with my half-done transformations. Hurry back to Between Naps on the Porch and see if you can find some all-done ones!!

sig new

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét