If you dropped into DesignTies last Monday you learned about the work that my hubby and I have started in our front yard when I asked the question “Can you see beyond the ugly?!”
A week later and our front yard is still ugly… in fact, it’s probably uglier than it was last week(!!)… but there is progress to report. Specifically… the big cedar tree is gone!
Are you ready to see these before and current photos?
Now that you can SEE the house, I REALLY need to paint the house!!
What a difference it’s made to have that tree gone! Yes you can see the house, but in person the yard seems so much larger then before which we love. The stump still needs to be removed… that should be happening later this week. In fact, the whole front of the yard will be excavated back about 8 feet so that we can start building our new retaining walls and front stairs. I just KNOW that it’ll look FAB!
Here are some photos showing the tree coming down…
A couple more before and current pics…
When I see this before & after I find that I miss the tree just a little… but I keep reminding myself that it was in horrible condition, the roots were exposed on the front slope and nothing but ivy would grow under it. When our landscaping is complete we’ll have a lovely new tree sitting just to the left of the above-right photo… and the grass will be green… and the walkway won’t be cracked and slanted because of tree roots!
Yep… the yard is likely uglier then it was, but it’s gotta be BAD before it can be FAB!!
And finally… here’s a photo of our peek-a-boo view of the Fraser River and Port Mann Bridge, opened up just a little more then it was before thanks to the removal of our massive cedar tree!
;-) In real life we hardly notice the power lines!! ;-)
There’s something else I want to share with you…
Three stumps to be exact… and this is what I plan on doing with them!
What do you think?
My husband thinks I’m a little off my rocker… “ANOTHER project?” he asked me? (Click HERE to read all about my project list… a list that keeps growing, much to Brian’s dismay!!). No worries, Brian… I have to wait a while until the wood in these stumps dry before I even start this project! By that time I’ll be desperate for something to do. Yah. Right!! :-)
Be sure that you come back to DesignTies on Wednesday for our debut of Rewind Wednesdays – a weekly tribute to our deeply buried but never-forgotten-totally-terrific archived posts. And the really fun part? It’s a blog party! Rewind some of your archived posts and re-play with us!! Hit the rewind button to the right to learn more.
Finally… this post is dedicated to TRANSFORMATIONS and is a contribution to Susan’s Metamorphosis Monday blog party! Be sure you make your way over to Susan’s blog Between Naps on the Porch so that you can check out the wonderful transformations showcased by Susan’s blogsphere guests! Thanks Susan!!
Victoria from Edin Interiors
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét