Chủ Nhật, 21 tháng 6, 2009

Sunburst mirror makeover

meta monday starmirror furniture seenThanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting the weekly Met Monday blog party :-) It’s a great opportunity for everyone to share and be inspired by makeover projects, big and small :-) This week, I have a mirror makeover to show you.

I really like sunburst mirrors. A couple of months ago, I picked one up at HomeSense for $50. It wasn’t exactly what I wanted, but I figured I could jazz it up a bit and hopefully make it look more like one of these mirrors…

mosaic little gray pixel bedroom flickr bridges-starburst-mirror-tobi fairley baker_starburst1 home glamour blogmirror HH

This is the mirror I started out with. A bit plain, but a good starting point…

before 1

suppliesmirrorsThe supplies I used are:

  • Spray primer
  • Spray paint
  • Painters tape
  • Exacto knife
  • Little mirrors (three sizes)
  • Hot glue gun

I wasn’t crazy about the brassy finish, so I spray painted the mirror silver. I started with taping off all the mirrors with painters tape. Not a bad project to do outdoors on the deck in the sunshine :-) I rubbed the tape on really well to make sure there were no air bubbles for the paint to sneak under.

before 2

Then I sprayed both sides with a couple of coats of primer…

before 3

Followed by a couple of coats of silver paint…

before 4

And then hubby and I glued on the little mirrors. I set them out randomly on each spike, and hubby followed behind with the hot glue gun.

And this is how it turned out — hanging on the bedroom wall…

after 3

…and hanging outside on the patio. This will likely be its home for the summer.

after 1

And a close-up…

after close

Not quite as elegant as my inspiration mirrors, but not too bad :-) And the whole project, including the original mirror, cost less than $100 — that’s REALLY not bad!!

Blog_Award_thumb And on a totally unrelated topic… thank you, Gayle at Planet M Files for giving us the One Lovely Blog Award :-) It’s the second time we’ve received this award, so I guess we must be doing something right!! :-)

Don’t forget to head back to Between Naps on the Porch and check out more Met Monday transformations…

sigpurple_thumb_thumb

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét