Thứ Hai, 1 tháng 6, 2009

From 1939 Sad to 2009 FAB ~ My Kitchen!

Phew! I’ve just spent the weekend re-painting our kitchen – it went from a pale sickly yellow to a warm yellow called Powell Bluff (Benjamin Moore)… and I think it looks fantastic! A great big thank you to Maria Killam from Colour Me Happy for her help in choosing this lovely colour!Butterfly

In the great big scheme of things though, changing the wall colour of our kitchen is small potatoes compared to it’s original transformation a little over a year ago! And since this is Monday – the very day that Susan from Between Naps on the Porch hosts her fun and popular weekly blog party Metamorphosis Mondays – I thought I’d share the complete and dramatic before and after of our kitchen!

In the beginning (2008) there was a little bungalow built in 1939 with an original and pretty damned ugly kitchen!

Here’s the evidence… photo taken on move-in day:

IMG_2099

The same view this evening…

DSC01867

I’m CRAZY about my farm sink!!!!!!!

How about this…

IMG_2100

HaHa! Move-in day again. And my old pup, Simon… he likes to hang his head in my photos!! :-)

Again… same view…

DSC01863

 

Hey… I’m not done sharing yet! Here’s another angle of the room, transformed!

IMG_2112

DSC01864

If you’ve read my “Project Overload? Never!” post you’ll know that we’ll be installing a window in that far wall sometime this summer and I’m so looking forward to being able to look out to the backyard while sitting at the little bistro table! Once the window is installed we’ll complete the paneled wainscoting on that wall (if you look closely you can see that there’s nothing there except the originally sickly yellow wall paint).

So… Do you like what you’re seeing so far?

How about some pics of mayhem??!! LOL!

[07Dec27] Kitchen Tearout 4 [07Dec27] Kitchen Tearout 8 [07Dec27] Kitchen Tearout 10

[07Dec28] Kitchen Tearout 6 [07Dec28] Kitchen Tearout 8

And some photos of us putting it back together…

[08Jan] Drywall 1 [08Jan] Drywall 3

[09Jan08] Brad & Shelley

 

 

This is a fantastic photo of my brother Brad and his partner Shelley… the were so unbelievably helpful during the drywall phase of our remodel, sanding until they were almost unrecognizable! Ha! Love you guys!!

 

Below… photos of me happily tiling and my handsome Brian installing the stair railing.

 

 

[08Jan06] Tile Floor 2 DSC00145 DSC00167

 

Enough of that boring tear-out and rebuild stuff… you’ve come to see and read about a metamorphosis!

New Beem

DSC01852 

See… there’s my Simon, hanging his head again! HaHaHa!!

While I’ve got you looking down… like my tiling handiwork?

IMG_2002

Again… same view:

DSC01858

And this is the view of the kitchen from the dining room…

DSC01860

I’m a little sad… the transformer in one of our beautiful stained glass pendant lights has been damaged and has to be replaced. Until that’s done, only one of the lights works… so I can’t show you how pretty they are when they’re all lit up. :-( Well… I can show you the one light!

DSC01872

I love our back door and I’m soooo looking forward to the day when it accesses a fan-tabulous back deck! I still have to paint the exterior side, but I haven’t decided on a colour yet! Maybe a dark red like the front door??

DSC01847

DSC01869

DSC01855

My granite – Crema San Marco. Love the colour and veining!

My backsplash is a combination of taupe subways and glass listellos (not loving my backsplash) :-(

And a last look at the breakfast area…

DSC01870

So.. now you’ve seen one of the largest transformations in our little house to date. The space was so much fun to design and remodel… and equally fun to share with you! It’s time for you to head back to Between Naps on the Porch so you can visit the other metamorphoses found in this week’s blog party… that is, after you’ve said “hello” to me in a comment of course!

Thanks for dropping by!!

Victoria from Edin Interiors

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét