“If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? If you could fulfill the wildest fantasy you have about living in your absolute dream home, what would it look like?”
Those are the questions that Deana from Alchemy Fine Living asked us in a recent email when she invited us to participate in her very first blog party. Here we are, Deana… well, here I am :-) HaHa! My blog partner Kelly and I had to arm wrestle for the chance to write this blog and I won!! Besides, Kelly is super-duper busy writing one of her fantastic and fun posts for her guest writing-appearance over at Fifi Flowers Design Decor. Here’s my plug for all our readers to head over to Fifi’s blog later this week to read Kelly’s “Tablescape Thursdays” post!
But I digress… where would I want to build my dream house? My husband Brian and I have a dream to live in a beautiful house overlooking Okanagan Lake in Kelowna, British Columbia!
If I asked you to find Kelowna on the map, could you find it? Okay… our British Columbia bloggers/readers would know!
As you can see from the map, Kelowna is located in the southern interior of BC, about a 4 hour drive east of the wonderful city of Vancouver. Unlike Vancouver with it’s green rainforests and coastal mountain peaks, Kelowna is located in an arid and hot part of our province… that and the fact that the area is riddled with beautiful, blue lakes makes it a fantastic summer retreat. Of course winter is nice in the southern interior, too, because of some great ski hills!
Long hot summers mean = one of the best wine districts in the world, delicious fruits (apples, pears, strawberries, peaches, plums… you name it!), fantastic world-class golf courses, water skiing, boating and other fun watersports… and my personal favourite pass-time when in Kelowna, watching for the infamous lake monster Ogopogo!
One day when Brian and I were cruising around Okanagan Centre (a little north of Kelowna in “Lake Country”) we came across this absolutely beautiful setting!
THIS is my ultimate dream house!
I can so see Brian and I living here!!
And look… here’s a plot for us to build our dream home on…
A deck like this would be mandatory!
Or maybe we’ll win the lottery so we can afford actual waterfront property – with the necessary water toys, of course!!
Then again, sitting high on the hill-side might be all I need on a sunny day!
Especially if my hill-side abode looked like this!!
I find myself back at the lake-front, though… love it!
My most favourite DREAM & FANTASY find? This is it!!
Water, Sky, Orchard… and a simply Fabulous house!!
I hope you enjoyed your tour of wine, lake, sunshine and Ogopogo country British Columbia, Canada… specifically, Kelowna and Okanagan Lake. Can you blame me for wanting to live here?!
Thanks again to Deana from Alchemy Fine Living for the chance to share a little of my (and my fella’s) dream!
Victoria from EdinDesign Interiors

0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét