Thứ Hai, 4 tháng 5, 2009

Ghosts aren’t afraid of duvets… but I am!!

Bedroom painted exposed bare brick wall moulded wood panelled wall assorted metalic fabric cushions bedspread throw chrome chest of drawers L etc 11/2007 Pub Orig

A researcher in the UK has discovered that the average duvet won’t protect its owner from paranormal experiences:

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s5i51250

Probably because a ghost has never tried putting a duvet into a duvet cover. Do that a couple of times, and duvet fear will be instilled forever!!

Washing the duvet cover and then sticking the duvet back inside is one of my least favourite things to do. Last time I did it, I was sweating by the time I finally got that sucker in. I’m not kidding. It was the most action I’ve had in bed since we adopted our Catahoula Jackson and he decided that the best place to sleep is in between hubby and me. We let him get away with it because he’s so cute and soft and snuggleable. Unfortunately, he also snores. And likes to flip around in the middle of the night, which means most mornings I wake up to a dog butt in my face. I’m sure it breaks about 73 “good housekeeping” rules to let a dog sleep on the bed — but I’m a bit of a rebel when it comes to rules :-)

But I digress — I thought I’d document my last putting-the-duvet-into-the-duvet-cover process because… well, I’m not really sure why. I guess I just want to share the misery ;-)  So, here we go — the mattress is flipped, the sheets are on, and it’s time to face the enemy

duvet 2

Yes, it’s the Duvet from Hell. My mission — to get the Duvet from Hell into the Duvet Cover from Hell…

duvet 4 cover

Some people actually iron their duvet cover every week. Insanity!! That’s double-torment!! I never iron mine. But because I was documenting my duvet grief, I decided to iron mine for this one occasion. I hate ironing. The first iron hubby and I bought was to attach strips of melamine along the edges of melamine shelving. Did you know that you can iron a duvet cover right on the bed?? :-)

duvet 5 ironed

So now the duvet cover is ironed and spread inside-out on the bed. I read somewhere that this is the best way to get a duvet into a duvet cover. I’m not so sure I agree. I mean, really, is there ANY good way to get a duvet into a duvet over?? But anyway… next, the duvet gets spread out on top of the inside-out duvet cover…

duvet 6 duvet

And now the fun begins… flipping the duvet cover back outside-in with the duvet shoved inside…

duvet 7 midway

What a mess!! But finally, the duvet is all the way inside the cover:

duvet 8 almost

And how do you get all the duvet corners into the duvet cover corners?? You crawl inside, of course!!

duvet 9 inside

So this is what it feels like to be a duvet…

duvet 10 inside

I’m sure there are other ways to do it, but this way works for me :-) And voila, duvet is now inside duvet cover…

duvet 11 finished

And it’s time for TMDC (Too Many Damn Cushions)…

duvet 12 TMDC 1

If you have a better way to get a duvet inside a duvet cover, please let me know!!

sig

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét