Thanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting Met Monday every week :-)
My Met Monday transformation this week isn’t exactly a room… but it’s one of the biggest and most-used spaces in the house. Any guesses? It’s a hallway transformation!!
When you think about it, your hallway is an important space in your home. Most, if not all, rooms in your house likely come off of the hallway. You walk down the hallway to get from one room to another. Maybe you see your hallway when you’re sitting in your kitchen or family room. So why not make your hallway a pretty place to look at and be?!
Here are some before pics (taken in December and in mid-project, as you can see!!). The wall colour was BM Crown Point Sand…
Victoria suggested I paint the hallway a light gray. I’ve been really into gray lately, so I took her advice and went on a search for just the right gray. After trying out lots of grays, I decided on Pratt & Lambert Windham. It’s a nice warm light gray with a subtle brown undertone. Very pretty :-)
Painting the vaulted ceiling was my least favourite part. Scaffolding = SCARY!!
That was step one of the transformation. Next, I decided it was finally time to do something I’d wanted to do for years. I wanted to paint all the white doors…
A dark chocolate brown…
I LOVE MY DARK BROWN DOORS!! They give the hallway a much richer look and feel. And the white door trim stands out much more now than it did against the white doors. The dark brown is Nunavut by Sico.
Some more shots…
And then there was one more project to do. I forgot to take pics of this wall before hubby started to made some changes to it:
It was a mess before – light switch on the left, thermostat just left of center, niche just right of center, doorbell box higher up on the right, electrical outlet, central vac outlet. Too much going on and nothing I could do to make it look better. Unless… we moved the thermostat to above the light switch and removed the niche altogether…
Much better!! I painted the doorbell box gray too. Now the wall was a blank slate. And I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. My inspiration was this wall from a room designed by Samantha Pynn, host and Creative Director of Pure Design and Design Editor for Style At Home magazine.
I created a floor-to-ceiling art gallery wall. The frames are Ribba from Ikea. I took the photos of our pets and had them enlarged and printed at Costco.
This really is an ideal wall to feature as a gallery wall. You see it when you walk down the hallway, coming down from the stairs to the loft, and from the sofa in the family room.
So that’s my hallway transformation. Hope you enjoyed seeing the changes we made, and maybe you can take away some ideas from it for your home :-)
Now, head back on over to Between Naps on the Porch to check out some more wonderful Met Monday transformations :-)
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét