Thứ Ba, 17 tháng 2, 2009

Decorating with orange

Kelly @ JAX Decor & Design

Maria at Colour Me Happy posted this article about orange. Which got me to thinking about decorating our loft...

This is the sectional in our loft – the Charles by Silva (ignore the dining room chairs and table leaf propped up against the wall!!)



We weren’t looking for an orange sectional, but Charles was just too good a deal to pass up. Plus he’s SO comfy, and handsome too :-) So now that we’ve got him, we need to decorate the loft around his big orange self.

The floor is heritage grade walnut with a natural finish (lots of colour & grain variation). The walls and ceiling are currently Benjamin Moore Stone House -- it was painted before Charles came to live with us. I'm not sure if we should keep Stone House, or go with another colour.

I’m planning to go in a sort of modern rustic direction in the loft, with a touch of Craftsman. These are some of the accessories I'm going to use:



I really like this ceiling fan (we need good airflow up there):



We’re planning to install a fireplace with a faux stone wall like this:

Close up of the stone...

Just want to add a few more pics... these are two cushions I picked up at HomeSense today. You can also get a closer look at the sectional fabric....



I'd love to hear your thoughts on what we have planned for the loft, and how you would decorate with orange :-)

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét