we've had a busy transition weekend. esperanza's play closed yesterday, as did tor's football career and his team's run at the state tourney.i'm getting ready for travel, which brings to mind this mark halliday poem (via poetry daily):
Not Exactly Woody Guthrie
As I lugged my luggage past the airport bar
I angled my neck to peer between drinkers
to see whether the field goal was good
in whatever game it was
because those people cared apparently
and I wanted for a second not to be too different.
Okay but also wanted to reap the benefit for a few seconds
of an image of successful performance in a ritualized activity
where skill earns unerasable points
and the swarming helmeted deniers can't quite reach you.
poem from Mark Halliday
As I lugged my luggage past the airport bar
I angled my neck to peer between drinkers
to see whether the field goal was good
in whatever game it was
because those people cared apparently
and I wanted for a second not to be too different.
Okay but also wanted to reap the benefit for a few seconds
of an image of successful performance in a ritualized activity
where skill earns unerasable points
and the swarming helmeted deniers can't quite reach you.
poem from Mark Halliday
photo from flickr
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét